Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Had to say Goodbye...

Sadly I had to say goodbye to my beloved car. I've had that car since I was 18...she was my first and only. What an amazing car she was... There are a TON of memories in that car. I taught my sisters not only how to drive but how to spin out and do girly doughnuts! There were lots of good times and lots of tears in her. She saw me through for sure 3 dumb boyfriends and then took a beating when I got married and she got decorated on our wedding night...inside and out. The inside has never looked the same. She carried our two babies home from the hospital when they were born and has taken them to many places and back safely. But now we have another baby on the way and we just don't have the room needed so we traded her in for a MINIVAN. Yes, you read that right...a MINIVAN. The one vehicle I SWORE I would never drive. 25 years old and I am now pimping around in a MINIVAN! ...and no offence to my old car but... I LOVE IT!! We bought a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. It is so nice and there is so much room! Its power everything. You push buttons and the doors open and the back opens. Push the buttons again and they all close. Its so magical! I would have loved to hang on to my Pontiac Grand AM but there is no other vehicle I would drive now. And the kids absolutely love it!!


Saying goodbye to a very good car...
Hello minivan!! White isn't my fav. color though...

Magic doors...open with the push of a button!


A CD PLAYER!! YAHOO!!!



WHAT?!? Power windows?? Movin' on up!


I'm sad to say goodbye to my old car and our memories together but am really happy with our new van. I'm a dork for being so excited about the power everything but my car only had the crank windows and they were a real pain sometimes! And I didn't have a CD player either!
I didn't cry when we left my car in that parking lot all alone because a mom and her son came in to look at her while we were there and said her son was probably going to buy it. They looked like nice people and i think (hope) he'll be good to her. It's not some punk kid who only wants to trash it. I tried driving by yesterday to see if the car was still there and Eric got really sad. He almost started crying and said he missed the car and wanted it back. He's been the most excited one about the van so I was really surprised. That's the closest I've been to crying about it! ...That and this morning when we put $75.00 worth of GAS in the van...HOLY CRUD!! I'll never let it get on empty again!
...And...ANDY LOOKS HOT DRIVING A MINIVAN!! For real!! :)



1 comment:

The Jones :) said...

You are hilarious!! I'm glad you're so excited about it!! It looks awfully nice...you got the power doors...something we don't have!! I forgot you didn't have any power stuff in your car...MAN...you really are moving up!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!
Love you :)