Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend

I'm not so good at this blog stuff...all of my pictures are out of order and crazy but I guess so was our weekend so oh-well! :)
We started off with fireworks in Nashwauk Thursday night. We got there like 3 hours early and parked right on the highway... the kids couldn't get out and play which meant we were all stuck in my little car for the entire 3 hours. With the DVD player and lots of snacks they did surprisingly well! The fireworks weren't amazing but it was a fun family night!
Friday morning we were up bright and early for the 4th of July breakfast at church. Andy was over it this year so we had lots to do! It turned out really nice and we all ate lots of really yummy french toast, sausage and orange juice! YUM!!
We had gotten an invite from Andy's sister to go to their place and go boating with them so we took them up on their offer Friday and headed to Crosby. We got there and the kids played in their huge pool, we had yummy cheese burgers then headed off to the lake for the fireworks. For such a small town they had AMAZING fireworks. The best show I've ever seen! That is where we plan on going every year from now on! We laid back and they were right over our heads...it was like they were going to fall on us. AMAZING! The next morning Mike made us a delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravy...TO DIE FOR!! Then we all got ready and went back to the lake for swimming and boating. We were there from 11 AM-5:30PM...lets just say me and Andy are looking like lobsters and hurting SO SO bad. This is the worst sunburn I've ever had...i can hardly walk my legs are so burned...OUCH. But we had a blast so i guess someday I'll feel like it was worth it!! ...Maybe when I can sleep again and the hurt goes away! Andy is a lot tougher than me so he isn't complaining much about it...I've cried like 3 times...seriously.
We had so much fun playing and not having any worries this last weekend!! It's so much fun having kids and seeing them play and laugh! And so much fun hanging out with my awesome husband!! We got to hang out all weekend and now don't want much to do with each other...we both lean our heads out as far as possible and pucker our lips as far out as they go just to kiss goodbye. There are no hugs...no cuddling on the couch to watch a movie...Nope...that would all HURT WAY TOO MUCH!! We seriously hurt!
I am so grateful for our freedom and for all the troops and their families that make it all possible.
We are truly so lucky to live in a land of freedom!




























































2 comments:

The Jones :) said...

Sounds like fun guys!! Well minus the sunburn...I'm sorry you're having to deal with that...can't be ANY fun :( Don't you know prego ladies get burnt a LOT worse then when they're not prego...remember my "elephantitis"!?!?!? Good luck getting better...can't wait to see you guys next month!!
LOVE YOU :)
-Becki

JJ said...

Uh....jealous! It sounds like you all had a blast! I am so glad you had fun...but, OW! Sorry about the sunburn, that sucks.It looks like the kids had fun too! Happy 4th of July! Love you!